Peace is about generating good news in an area known for bad, showing the world another side to communities affected by gun, knife and gang violence, one of positivity, creativity and fun.
The OSBAs are an annual flagship event of Peace Work organised by CARISMA to celebrate the local heroes who serve our communities in the name of ‘peace’. These awards are to recognise and reward outstanding social contributions to peace and positive community life in Manchester.
Nominations are now open for 2021 please download the nomination form and email it back to us.
These awards are to recognise and reward outstanding contributions to peace and positive community life in Manchester. There are six categories for which nominations can be made. Here are the 2020 finalists for each category:
- Community Cohesion/Diversity Award:
- KYSO Project
- Mark Belcher of Henshaws
- University of Manchester Diversity Champion
- Young Persons Award:
- Kea Ruby Bell
- Emilla Rzeia
- Positive Role Model Award:
- Lydia Ina
- Phillip Moulton
- Sait Drameah
- Turnaround Award:
- Oyovwe Kigho
- Hayley Xenophontos
- Dennis Marshall
- Peace Activist Award:
- Nicky T.Ingla
- Sally Penni
- Lancine Sacko
- Manchester Peace Award:
- Allan Mandini
- Akiem Mundell
- Ormond Williams
Special Thanks to the three judges, Suzanne Spicer, Social Responsibility Manager, University of Manchester; Sir Peter Fahy and Lawrence Modene, Senior Lecturer in Law MMU. Thank you to Laura and Phil for the use of Canada House.
Can all finalists (if not yet contacted) please contact CARISMA via [email protected] to organise your FREE ticket allocation.
- Community Cohesion/Diversity Award: Individual or group who have been instrumental in bringing together diverse groups in the community for positive change.
- Young Persons Award: Young person (aged 11-18) who has made an outstanding contribution to their school, college or community.
- Positive Role Model Award: Person who has had most positive impact on young people through their lives.
- Turn Around Award: Individual who has made greatest turnaround in attitude/behaviour to benefit his/her community.
- Peace Activist Award: Person or group who have made a difference through campaigning for peace and justice.
- Manchester Peace Award: Individual who has made the most outstanding contribution to their community