Peace is about generating good news in an area known for bad, showing the world another side to communities affected by gun, knife and gang violence, one of positivity, creativity and fun.
The OSBAs are an annual flagship event of Peace Work organised by CARISMA to celebrate the local heroes who serve our communities in the name of ‘peace’. These awards are to recognise and reward outstanding social contributions to peace and positive community life in Manchester.
Nominations are now open for 2024 please download the nomination form and email it back to us.
These awards are to recognise and reward outstanding contributions to peace and positive community life in Manchester. There are six categories for which nominations can be made. Here are the 2023 finalists for each category:
- Cohesion & Diversity Award:
- Arising Futures and Khalda Ali – Highly Commended
- Stephen Dayo Oyetade of Radio Africana – WINNER!
- Phil Matley of Chelwood Foodbank – Highly Commended
- Young Persons Award:
- Shaymaa Elbey – WINNER!
- Ijeoma Tracy Odidika – Highly Commended
- Positive Role Model Award:
- Taslima Ahmed – WINNER!
- Nkoyo Shadracks – Highly Commended
- Turnaround Award:
- Margaret Edet WINNER!
- Taslima Ahmed – Highly Commended
- Peace Activist Award:
- KYSO CiC – Highly Commended
- Lancine Sacko – WINNER!
- Manchester Peace Award:
- Mr Ansoumane Camara – Highly Commended
- Tendayi Madzunzu – WINNER!
Special Thanks to the judges, Anthonia Sanni and Naomi Eyo
Can all finalists (if not yet contacted) please contact CARISMA via [email protected] to organise your FREE ticket allocation. Extra tickets can be purchased at a 50% for the friends and family of finalists.
- Cohesion/Diversity Award: Acknowledging the remarkable efforts and achievements of young individuals who have positively influenced their peers and communities
- Young Persons Award: Acknowledging the remarkable efforts and achievements of young individuals who have positively influenced their peers and communities
- Positive Role Model Award: Celebrating individuals who inspire others through their positive actions, embodying values of kindness, respect, and inclusivity
- Turn Around Award: Commending individuals who have overcome personal challenges and transformed their lives, inspiring others to do the same.
- Peace Activist Award: Honouring those who have shown unwavering commitment to advocating for peace on a broader scale, making a difference in the world.
- Manchester Peace Award: Recognizing individuals who have dedicated their efforts to promoting peace and harmony within the city of Manchester