We are committed to handling personal data responsibly and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, along with the UK Data Protection Act.
In accordance with the GDPR, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person. Special categories of personal data include data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
For the purposes of the Awards, we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal data when needed to process the applications and nominations for the Awards, to arrange the Awards evening, to award and publicise the Awards.
How we use personal data
We process personal data for the purpose of application; judging; organising and publicising the Awards, more specifically:
- Nomination: We use the personal data provided to us by our Nominators to contact potential Applicants and inform them they have been nominated and to invite and application.
- Judging: We use personal data provided by Applicants, along with the non personal data provided, for the nominated Judge for the category to judge the Finalists and Winner of the Category.
- Awarding: We use the personal data and other information provided to award the Category and make the presentation at the Awards Ceremony.
- Information relating to booking: We use personal data in order to organise the guest list, cater appropriately for dietary requirements.
- Publicity: Photography is used at the Awards Ceremony and images will be used for publicising the Awards and announcing Winners within the media. The names, roles and organisations of those in the pictures will also be published.
- Information on future events / marketing: We will use contact details to inform you of future Awards and events with CARISMA
- Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal data for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal for information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
- Conflict of Interest: Sponsors should declare any potential conflict of interest if any individual or group nominated in their category is connected to them in a personal, financial or business capacity to a member of the committee. Where there is a conflict of interest, then an independent judge will assist with the judging of the category and the Applicant’s data will be shared with them, including the Application.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Social Media to share and promote the Awards. Your interaction with these platforms is subject to their own Privacy Statements and Terms and Conditions. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information shared on Social Media.
If you may have concerns or questions about this Statement, how we handle your data and information or wish to file a complaint, please feel free to contact us: